Speakup and serial adapter cards

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Wed Jan 25 04:48:08 EST 2012

D. Curtis Willoughby wrote:
> The second part of the problem, and the lower priority part,
> is for speakup to recognize the serial port that is connected
> to the synthesizer automatically without human intervention.

Do the various HW synths respond to something like the
old What-Are-You escape sequence \e[c or \e[0c like the
VT* terminals used to do ?  I think some of them (but maybe
that was only the VT100 :-)), also responded to an \eZ  ...

Im just dreaming, but if so it would allow speakup to
recognize the serial port that is connected to the synth,
and even to identify which driver it will need.

Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949