Is speakup no longer included in grml releases?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Jan 20 03:07:41 EST 2012

obviously modprobe speakup_soft
and
espeakup
are 2 separate commands you run after hitting q to exit the grml
quickstart wizard.

Once speech is loaded you can use the speakup review commands to get
around the screen. to get keyboard echo you echo 1
 >/sys/accessibility/speakup/key_echo or similar it is in there somewhere.

to move by lines use capslock u i o, words are j k l and characters m ,
and .

capslock and the numbers do volume, pitch and speed.
There is a help key can't remember what it is but there is documentation
on linux-speakup.org somewhere with all the key bindings.

Regards, Kerry.