Is speakup no longer included in grml releases?

Glenn GlennErvin at cableone.net
Thu Jan 19 23:41:48 EST 2012

Kerry,
I downloaded the 32 bit version of GRML, and used the USB installer and put
it onto my 4GB thumbdrive.
I ran:
modprobe speakup_soft espeakup
And I got speech, but it does not echo my typing, nor can I find a way of
reviewing what is on the screen.
I am familiar with Orca, in Ubuntu, but this has me stumped.
This is on an Asus ePc which runs XP okay, I don't remember if I upgraded
the RAM to 1GB or 2GB, but either way, it should be enough.
How do I control the speech better?
Thanks