Speakup enabled Distros for Blind Technicians

Robert cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:31:49 EST 2012

Hello, everyone.

I do a lot of PC repair work for different people (friends, family,
etc), and I was wondering if there are any live Linux distributions
which are Speakup-enabled that would aid me in this task. The only one
that comes to mind right now is ADRIANE Knoppix, but I believe it makes
use of Orca.

I don't really need a GUI, although it can be helpful at times, but I am
just curious to see if there is anyone else on the list who knows of any
distros for this sort of task that could be run from a CD or USB key
that have Speakup readily available.

I am still a bit new to screen reading software, but it is sure making
my life much easier. What little vision I have seems to get much more
easily strained nowadays.

Thanks for any input.