Installing wheezy netinst with speakup; has this changed recently?

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Mon Dec 24 20:55:30 EST 2012

Hi, I am wanting to install wheezy onto a new system so grabbed the
latest netinst iso from the daily builds, using beta4 of the installer.
Furthermore, I used dd to create a USB that I can install from.  So far
as I understand it, you are still meant to be able to type s at the boot
prompt for speakup?  Perhaps this is not working in the installer right
now, or perhaps something has been changed?  When I boot into my older
copy (around 2 months old I think it is) it works fine, but then
complains about not being able to download a package from the mirror;
even with a different mirror selected.  Hmm.
I think I may be missing something.  Yes I have tried it on another
system (actually my NAS) that has speakup on it, and I don't get any
sound using this new version of netinst either.

Thanks,
Sorry for any ignorance on my part.

Marcel