Alpine with Gmail

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:35:49 EST 2012

Hello all,

Is anyone using Alpine with Gmail?  I'm trying to configure it, and I
have been successful in sending an email but my inbox is not populating
with mail.  I added all of the rules and such following a page I found
on google.  It asks me for my password and I get no errors, just no new
email.  Please let me know if there's anything special I need to do.
I'm using the alpine package from Pacman on Archlinux.

On another topic, what console utility can I use to check battery status
of a laptop?  Thank you.