Speakup broken with kernel 3.4.x (ArchLinux users please read)

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 11 10:08:38 EST 2012

Is the serial bug you're talking about the one where speakup couldn't
"steal" back the serial port so many serial synths couldn't be initialized?
It was in the file serialio.c.

I used to have my own patch for that and I have about 200 machines running a
custom kernel because of it. If that bug is fixed in the kernel source, it
is a big deal to me.