experimental js and ajax capable text browser

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Tue Dec 11 08:57:20 EST 2012

Yes, it is being actively worked on.  It is pretty slow because
there's only two of us doing much and only one of us really working on
it all the time.  We usually just post any updates to the mailing list
we've set up for the project and even then it is not a high traffic
list.

It uses a lot of dependencies and so getting it to the point where it
compiles and runs cleanly in user space has been my most recent
project.  I believe we have made good progress on that.  I don't mean
userspace I mean as a standard nonroot user.

Brandon is working on debugging js related bugs and I am going to work
on the bookmarking code next.  There is still a lot of work to do but
it is coming along quite nicely I believe.

   Kirk

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Robert Spangler wrote:

> Just curious but has this project gone anywhere?  Haven't heard anything
> recently.
>

> Thanks,
> Robert Spangler, B.A. in Urban Studies and Spanish
> spangler.robert at gmail.com
>
> On 9/4/2012 1:53 PM, Kirk Reiser wrote:
>> Hi folks: I'd like to let anyone interested in playing with or working
>> on a javascript and ajax capable web browser, know that we have one in
>> alpha stages of operation.  It has a long way to go before winning any
>> awards but is quite usable currently.
>>
>> It is not the easiest package to get installed and running, so we need
>> some help with that if anyone is interested.
>>
>> The principal author is Brandon McGinty Carol with me being a
>> interested hanger-on.
>>
>> Brandon would also like if someone would be interested in helping
>> develop a license for the package.  He says me being an anarchist is
>> of no use to him at all in that matter.
>>
>> We have a public git repository at http://linux-speakup.org/wb.git and
>>
>> I have probably forgot to mention about a zillion things so Brandon
>> feel free to smack me about the head freely.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please let us know.  We'd sure appreciate
>> folks involvement with the project.
>>
>>    Kirk
>> --
>> Kirk Reiser                The Computer Braille Facility
>> e-mail: kirk at braille.uwo.ca        University of Western Ontario
>> phone: (519) 661-3061

Well that's it then, colour me gone!