ArchLinux tutorials, and the state of accessibility in linux

Arthur Pirika arfy at andrelouis.com
Fri Dec 7 00:28:41 EST 2012

Hi,
First, I'm playing with arch again, and still loving it, I think of it
as slackware, done right. Not that slackware's bad, by any stretch, it
was my first distro, after all. Anyway, I'm about to record a
step-by-step install guide, similar to what Michael Whapples did quite
some time ago, now that arch's install methods changed again.

I was then thinking of expanding it into something like the really old
shows that featured on main menu, way back in 2000, through 2002 or so.
So it would be a podcast of getting around, and doing common tasks in
linux, focusing on the terminal at first. Thoughts or feedback?

Second, what are peoples experience with tools like emacspeak,
speech-dispatcher, and gnome/KDE accessibility, things you don't hear a
lot about these days? Are they still viable options for access,
especially emacspeak?

Thanks,
Arthur