No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

that Debian supports vicq because micq is no longer maintained, or
something like that.

Right you just start your client and it will prompt you for your uin
'user id number'.  After which, you can save your configuration file so
that you don't have to enter your uin each time you start the client.

Once you are up and running, you add contacts.  You can type help and
get instruction like this:

vICQ>help add
Format: add UIN nickname

The w command tells me all my contacts and their on / off line status.
If I want to send one of them a message I type msg and either number or
the nickname I've assigned them.  By entering a full stop on a blank
line will send the message.

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org