speakup on pseudo terminal?

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Aug 30 07:37:22 EDT 2012

Hi,
If I understand you correctly, you just want to use speakup on e.g. tty1,
2 3 etc.
That works by default, not like yasr where it only works on the tty you
have started it on.
You talk about pts, those as far as I know is started when you connect to
your linux machine from another machine through ssh.
To have speech on the other machine, you will have to run some screen
reader there.
HTH, Willem