problem with brltty on arch linux

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:09:03 EDT 2012

Hi all.

I posted this to the brltty list but haven't gotten anything back which either means there's no fix for it or there's one somewhere obvious which I have failed to find. Since arch gets discussed a lot on this list, I thought somebody might have an idea.

I just made the mistake of upgrading arch linux on my vmware fusion installation, which I hadn't done for a while. I am now running the 3.4.8-1 kernel.
Brltty does not work. Nothing happens on my display. The information I get is this:

2012-08-16 at 12:10:14.982 BRLTTY 4.3 rev 5477 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
2012-08-16 at 12:10:14.990 Can't get dbus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

I'm using my braillelite in the consoles; I'm not trying to run Orca. I did find information about this being a bug but i've found no resolution or workaround for it. Does anybody know what's going on with this and how to fix it? It looks like Arch is having quite a few issues lately.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart