talking archlinux install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Aug 9 19:05:56 EDT 2012

I tried doing pacstrap /mnt base base-devel espeakup alsa-utils <cr> on a
500MB drive and when I got to the package installation phase, I would hear
many messages about errors downloading files and the message failed to
download body.  I figured I had blown the amount of disk space originally.
Now I'm not so sure.  The arch mirrors can all apparently have problems.
The texinfo and groff were two of the files that failed to download
repeatedly and those weren't the only two either.  Probably doing a
command like echo $? <cr> after an install and checking console for a 0 or
maybe make the download keep trying until all was successful with pacstrap
would be a better option.

Support your local church or synagogue, worship at Bank Of America!