debian install question?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Apr 22 23:37:28 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I have been reading through the debian documentation in general, I admit
it would have been far simpler to find one file comprising the Debian
documentation, but  I imagine the break down is advantageous if one is
reading on line.
I have two questions, one based on
Samuel's instructions below, so let me start with that.
I wish to be very specific so as to direct the answer in my desired
direction.
In his readme file Samuel writes the following.

> As a replacement, the testing images (i.e. Wheezy) can be downloaded from
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

As stated earlier, I have the  cd image from here, the first disc only.  I
have all of the debian squeeze images on DVD and intend finishing the
install from my external DVD drive
Samuel said in a prior note that this will be possible as debian does not
care where the install is coming from.  I still have no network, so
prefer having more debian than having to go back for anything else later.
I have a question about the below sentence however.
Again from the readme file...

  , and just before
> archive mirror selection, type '<' to get back to main menu, change
> the priority to lowest, enter the mirror selection part again, and then

Can you be more specific here?  I understand from the install manual how
one changes priority to expert mode.
where I am unsure is the  "just before the mirror archive selection," and
next, " enter the mirror archive part again."  aspect of your
instructions?
This is not part of the manual..so I want to be sure I have in my notes
what will happen and how to choose to install squeeze once in expert mode.

Thanks,
Karen