Speakup and Orca working together in wheezy, revisited?

lutz kaiser lutz.kaiser at gmx.net
Fri Apr 13 03:53:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

i use debian unstable as a second system.
To avoid this trouble with pulse  i used the "restorespeech" script from
vinux.
It installes speechd-up, and speakup is running smootly together with orca.

As a german, i only had to change speech-dispater to speak german in the
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf

regards
Lutz

viele Grüße