mixing media, was talking debian install.

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Apr 8 19:29:27 EDT 2012

greetings all,
An unusual question indeed.
My friend gave me the bet of DVD images of Debian, but I did not realize
I might have a different issue.
While both of the possible computers I might use for this have usb ports,
and I have an external usb DVD drive, I cannot actually boot from usb at
all.
I can boot from the cd drive certainly which is motivating my question.
Is it possible to boot an install in one media, cd, then finish
installation using another, say DVD?
There is no issue with the machines seeing the drive, or I feel there will
be none.
But I must boot from something else if this is going to work.
Thoughts?
Karen