images, was talking debian (fwd)

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Apr 5 21:37:59 EDT 2012

Samuel,
On April second, you sent the below to the list.
I subsequently forwarded that email which includes a link to the installer
images to my friend.
I have pointed out, that these seem to be cd images, as best I can tell,
but realize that there may be DVD images there too.
If this is not the best source for the DVD images, please let me know.
I realize what you are saying about my not perhaps needing the entire
set of images.
However, I only have dialup, have no firm cd burner and no DVD burner in
the main machine I use, and would rather have as much as possible at the
start than have to get anything  extra later.
My goal is to,  once I have the images, download the installation manual,
display this on my main machine,
and work through the steps as I install debian to my laptop.
I have never installed Linux at all before, and will have no help
with this, which is represented will not be required.  Better too much
information and too many files than not enough.
Your note is below,
Karen