talking debian cd-newer version?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Apr 2 13:22:15 EDT 2012

Littlefield, Tyler, le Mon 02 Apr 2012 09:37:56 -0600, a écrit :
> I'm having some weird issues with the talking debian cd. It's having issues
> recognizing harddrives on two systems as well as my VMWare.

See the README file. The kernel is outdated on these images.

> Is there, perhaps a more up-to-date version of the cd?

No.

> I noticed that the cd was extremely small--is it compiled with the
> stock kernel?

It used to be, but the official kernel has been updated in the
meanwhile.

> If not, is the remastering process automated so that I can dump in whatever
> kernel stable uses and try with that?

It's not automated. There are a bunch of packages to patch, then
introduce in the debian installer process. I don't have time to spend
on doing it again, while the next stable Debian will have everything in
place already, and is already supposed to be able to install squeeze
(using the expert mode).

Samuel