Accessible tv tuners from the cli?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 27 01:06:01 EDT 2011

Thanks, Bob, for all this good info. I'm not looking to do this myself
just now for a number of reasons, but I'm keeping your post against the
day I do want to do this.

Question: Isn't it worth considering simply accessing the content you
want over the net using a browser? Perhaps with a service like hulu.com
which is supposedly quite accessible. The famous name in this space, of
course, it Net Flix, but they're supposedly not so accessible.

I'd love to hear a discussion of the pros and cons of such services. I
am personally of the opinion that the future of broadcasting is the web,
not in the least because it's fully international and intrinsically
time-shift capable.

Janina