More of the problem with starting speakup

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Oct 3 17:42:54 EDT 2011

Hello,
I wrote with the problem of getting speakup to load on my archlinux
system, the problem still has not gone away. I decided to update a
fairly old laptop today and the problem also shows on that computer as
well (this time I am trying to use software synthesis, so its not a
problem in the apollo driver).

I know that others say they have speakup working fine, so I am wondering
what might be the differences. I don't know what might be worth
mentioning, however both the machines are 32-bit intel processors (one
is pentium-4 and the other is pentium-m).

Could you suggest any other information about the systems which may be
useful in finding the problem.

Michael Whapples