Cut-and-Paste-and-Other Things?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Nov 20 10:44:30 EST 2011

OK, back in July I posted questions about this feature.  With a much better
96lines, I could only paste in 58 of them.  At that time I asked Bill Acker,
who said I was lucky it didn't crash.  Well, last evening seemingly my keyboard
froze or something after pasting.  I had seemingly no choice other than holding
the power button.
Are their other commands to cut-and-paste in general console linux, without any
speakup limitations?  In googling, seems folks mention a control+shift+v  but I
get "command not found"
I seem to be running version 3.15  although I do have versions 3.12 and 3.16 on
the hard-drive.  I am back in Debian Testing 2.632  because when we tried 2.638
I had no speech from the DecTalk USB.  Speaking of which, for several weeks I
tried asking William Hubbs-and-others, how I can switch on a log of commands
Speakup is sending the unit?  Once I have that, I can share with James from
Axsol Solutions, who thinks he can solve some of our problems.
And lastly, as a suggestion, when I receive news-letters from LQ Linux
Questions, they always encourage folks to answer threads which have had no
replies.  While I see other inquirees on this list which are not commented on,
I don't know if its that no1 has an answer or certainly not in an expertees.
Even though thanks to Bill, I have had speakup since October 2003, but so far
while there are certain functions which are easier than what I was accustomed
to in Vocal-Eyes, speakup seems to have a language all its own.  Folks will
refer to a speakup key plus, which certainly wouldn't explain to a new user
what key that is.  Right now, as far as I know, with a DecTalk USB  Speakup is
an only screen-reader I can use.
Thanks so much in advance for listening-and-especially for any better solutions
Hart