speakup settings

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun May 22 21:48:18 EDT 2011

You can only do this when speakup first starts. If you have speakup
built into the kernel, pass

speakup_quiet=1

to the kernel in your boot loader. Alternatively, if built as modules,
you can pass

quiet=1

to the speakup module. On one of my machines, I have a file in
/etc/modprobe.d called speakup.conf which looks like this:

- --- cut here ---
# options for speakup

options speakup quiet=1
- --- cut here ---

When I load speakup_xxx in /etc/modules, that in turn loads the
speakup module, which has quiet=1 passed to it when it gets
loaded. HTH.

Greg