Cut-and-Paste in AT in Speakup?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Sun May 22 05:56:46 EDT 2011

I wrote:
> I tried ed, and it crashes just as horribly as edbrowse:
>   BUG: scheduling while atomic: /swapper/0/0x10010000
> and gruesome system hang; only the off-switch works.

Pasting into even The Simplest Imaginable Perl Program:
  perl -e '$s=<>'
likewise instantly crashes the kernel:
  BUG: scheduling while atomic: /swapper/0/0x10010000
and power-off is the only option :-(  Likewise with
  perl -e '@s=<>'
and
  perl -e '$s=<STDIN>'
and all other variations, like
  #!/usr/bin/perl
  @s=<>;
and therefore likewise with my edpager:
  http://www.pjb.com.au/blin/free/edpager
in fact it's hard to imagine any Perl script working at all.

(Pasting from gpm, OTOH, works just fine into all these things.)

Considering debian squeeze is supposed to be "stable",
this seems highly release-critical...  Has it been logged with
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=espeakup
?

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au       pj at pjb.com.au      (03) 6278 9410
"Was der Meister nicht kann,   vermöcht es der Knabe, hätt er
 ihm immer gehorcht?"   Siegfried to Mime, from Act 1 Scene 2