Speakup on Debian 6.0 "squeeze"

Øyvind Lode - Forums forums at lode.is
Thu May 12 12:24:23 EDT 2011

Hi:

root at ragnarok:~# apt-cache search speakup
espeakup - Connector between speakup kernel modules and espeak
speakup-doc - Documentation for speakup kernel modules
speakup-source - Source of the speakup kernel modules
speakup-tools - Tools to manage speakup configuration and synths
root at ragnarok:~#

Does this mean I have to build the Speakup modules myself?
This is not the case on lenny but I had to build espeakup myself but espeakup is now included in squeeze.
I still prefer Debian on my servers and I plan to upgrade my file server to Squeeze soon.
I guess I'm a bit surprised to not find a binary Speakup-modules package in Squeeze.

Thanks