freebsd speakup

Rob Whyte fudge at thefudge.net
Sun Mar 20 06:18:07 EDT 2011

Hi,
Firstly apolagies for asking on list as I am sure these questions  have
been asked many times previously.

I know that freebsd kernels are somewhat  different to linux kernels;
With the debian kernel freebsd project being active now are there any
hopes for speakup being ported to freebsd?

What are the restrictions and how much work would need to be done.
If it's just a case of finding someon on the freebsd accessibility team
to spend time with speakup developers is there any way that speakup
users can patition freebsd to look at this?

With speakup being very popular in the blind community and now
speakup-source being included in debian kernels from 2.6.37 i think it
would be great to break out into bsd land.

Any documentation advice or reference to mail archives based on this
subject would be appreciated.

Thank you for any time you put into a response and I look forward to