alsa version on arch linux

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Mar 16 17:51:47 EDT 2011

Where I got my statement that archlinux has ALSA 1.0.24 is that the ALSA
packages (eg. the ALSA firmware, the ALSA libs) are given as 1.0.24.
However having checked the version as you said (cat
/proc/asound/version) I do get 1.0.23 reported.

I imagine the difference comes from the ALSA modules being those in the
kernel and the packages being packages which are distributed separate to
the kernel.

Michael Whapples