Serial conflict

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:00:13 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 08:12:23AM -0800, Zachary Kline wrote:
> This is an excellent suggestion, if at all practical.  If we did this
> it might also let us handle USB serial ports and the like with ease,
> since we'd then be in userspace.

	Then what's the point of getting SpeakUP into the kernel.  And
what about "power-of to power-off support.  How is ANY blind linux user
going to manage to fsck a disk when needed.  We might as well go back to
friggin yasr.

	We just got SpeakUP into the kernel and may soon be getting
support from other kernel developers to support serial ports properly
from kernelspace, and you want to ditch it all and go back to
prehistoric SpeakUP and scratching at fleas.

	You people disgust me.

				Michael

--
Linux User:	177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org