Serial conflict

Jacob Schmude j.schmude at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:38:21 EST 2011

Hi Chuck
I wish it did, but I can't load any of the hardware synth modules.
When I try, I get the serial conflict where by Speakup tries to steal
the ports from the kernel and can't. I know how to configure Speakup
and things like that, but I need to figure out what is going wrong
with the serial driver before it will work. I'm horrible at kernel
hacking, so I've only gotten it to half work where by the kernel and
speakup battle for control of the port constantly. Speakup does talk
when I have it do this, but responsiveness is awful. Using either an
unchanged staging or clean git, however, just does not work. It is
rather irritating, since it did work in 2.6.36 and, examining the
configs for both kernels, I can't see anything that even remotely
looks related to this.

Thanks