Experimenting with Cut-and-Paste Buffers?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Jul 27 00:13:36 EDT 2011

This evening I was trying to show a list of apt-get packages which I was
installing-and-later removing.  Well, at first even though I have 96lines on
all my consoles, I was only able to paste in 58 or so.  So I ran the rest
separately.  So then I ran a controlled experiment, just typing 1 number on
consecutive lines in nano.  I was able to paste in 88lines.
Firstly, please, is their a buffer limit--and-is it ajustable?  I am supposing
that a full line of text getting on line57 could be a buffer limit.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Hart