speechd-up status and ideas

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 31 08:24:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 07:02:53AM -0500, Bill Cox wrote:
> I honestly think about throwing away SD and starting over with a clone
> that could act as a drop-in replacement.  Then, all that other cool
> stuff could happen.

Hum, that sounds like another fork; we already merged the last fork
(along with its improvements and bug fixes) into SD.  I've been out of
the SD loop lately; we're not headed into another convoluted mess, are
we?  That whole thing called TTS API has never gotten off the ground
from what I've seen or should I say, not seen.