New System with Fedora

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 18:15:28 EST 2011

Roopakshi wrote:

> I'm curious: is there a specific reason for which you need to perform statistical analysis on Fedora?
> If so, what software are you looking at?

That's a good question, and one that is causing me to think. I've been
using Fedora since it was Red Hat, both on personal machines and lab
ones, so it's familiar and I haven't re-evaluated the decision in a long
time.

I do use R, but spend most of my time using software specific to
statistical genetics that will not be part of any Linux distribution.

Liz