New System with Fedora

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 11:40:43 EST 2011

Hi Liz,

I'm curious: is there a specific reason for which you need to perform statistical analysis on Fedora?
If so, what software are you looking at?

In my experience, Debian is the best distro for scientific analysis.
R, an extremely popular statistics tool has latest builds for packages on Debian.
http://www.r-project.org/
There is also Gretl
http://gretl.sourceforge.net/