Finding The Latest Speakup Colonel?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Sun Jan 9 01:16:16 EST 2011

Greg wrote:
> I could be wrong, but you'll most likely have to get the
> source from kernel.org, and build your own.

Maybe I'm getting old and risk-averse, but I would recommend
_against_ building your own kernel on a debian system.  Most packages
especially the kernel will become unupgradable and in a few months
or weeks time you'll save your $HOME, format the discs and reinstall
from bare metal. I'd recommend staying within one consistent debian
setup; if you want 2.6.37 ASAP, then upgrade from Testing to Unstable
and be a bit patient. Unstable's not so bad; some days some things
might not work, but they'll work again after the next upgrade.

Just MHO,
Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au       pj at pjb.com.au      (03) 6278 9410
"Was der Meister nicht kann,   vermöcht es der Knabe, hätt er
 ihm immer gehorcht?"   Siegfried to Mime, from Act 1 Scene 2