speech-dispatcher and espeak

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:36:40 EST 2011

I just thought of this. Are you running speech-dispatcher from extra or
the speech-dispatcher-git package from AUR? Speech-dispatcher in extra
seems to be properly configured to run in either user or system mode.
But I couldn't get speech-dispatcher-git to run in user mode and didn't
try running it in system mode, although it constantly attempted to find
its socket in /var, which is only supposed to apply if run system-wide.
It wouldn't surprise me in this case to find that there are other
problems with the speech-dispatcher-git configuration. Perhaps it's
currently broken and will be fixed in the near future, or perhaps
something has changed in the default configuration that I'm unsure how
to fix to make it run correctly here.
~Kyle