Speakup with vim

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 16:18:50 EST 2011

I liked the way Speakup worked with Emacs better than the way it works with
VIM.  I started out using Emacs.  I found the main drawback in Emacs for me
to be the multi-key combinations needed to do a lot of things:  it actually
was easier for me to adjust to Vim's different modes, although forgetting
which one you're in can punch your face good.  Also, I could not seem to
find in Emacs the means of saving word wrap and margin settings I wanted.  I
may be wrong, but my impression is that, like Emacspeak, Emacs itself has
quite the learning curve.

Just my wooden penny's worth.

Al