Speakup with vim

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Feb 14 14:50:40 EST 2011

Thanks, that solves the specific issue. I still wonder if there is more
which can be done to make vim work better, eg. using j and k (I can
imagine they actually are quicker to use than cursor keys when you are
used to them) speakup doesn't speak the new line you navigate to unless
the screen is scrolling.

Is this as good as speech output gets with vim? Might it be worth me
giving emacs (may be with emacspeak) more time?

Michael Whapples