testing grml

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 28 10:35:59 EST 2011

The latest release simply has all the speakup modules included. So you can
just type in a modprobe command to start speakup. I have a tripletalk
hardware synth so I type, 'modprobe speakup_ltlk' at a command prompt.

You can also use software speech by typing 'modprobe speakup_soft' and then
'espeakup'.

The only problem I have is not specific to grml. It looks like the speakup
bug in the speakup_ltlk module is still there. The speakup_ltlk module
doesn't load on 64 bit hardware.  Even the 32 bit version of the module
doesn't work on 64 bit hardware.