testing grml

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 10:52:15 EST 2011

John, thanks for the info in this and your earlier message.  Maybe I'll try
those commands with the latest Fedora live CD, adding or modifying as needed
to deal with Orca rather than Speakup--if I can get to a command prompt.

My experience is that the GRML folks on the whole have been leaders in
accessibility for us.  GRML helped me a lot from time to time.  More to the
point, my impression is that my sound card problem is a general Linux thing
in the past year plus, not particular to GRML or any other distro I've
played with.  The Vinux folks at least tell you how to deal with the problem
while using the live CD.  Chris Brannon's Arch CD just takes care of the
problem, it seems, and tells you how to keep your sound after installation,
which I don't think the Vinux instructions do.  (Yes, I did write to them
about that, after using that step in the Arch Linux for the blind
instructions to get my speech back after booting up from the hard drive.)

Anyway, thanks again.

Al