upgrading Debian trashes include directories?

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Aug 26 00:05:49 EDT 2011

On 8/25/2011 9:57 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
> Hello:
> I'm curious if anyone upgrading from squeeze to testing has had an
> issue with an upgrade wiping out include directories? /usr/include/sys
> has just vanished, as well as a couple of others. I had this problem
> before--thinking it was something I did, I reinstalled Debian. Then I
> upgraded and had the problem again. It looks like it's a problem in
> the glibc dev library, but I can't really tell.

I guess I should've held off for a bit. apparently they stuck everything
in a different directory, and sys is under that. The other system, for
whatever reason didn't have that on gcc's include path, but this seems
to have solved the problem. I just compiled boost and my mud engine with
no problems.

--

Take care,
Ty