speech dispatcher and speechd-up

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Aug 17 10:11:21 EDT 2011

Hi.  I am trying to get speakup and speech dispatcher working together
and have a strange problem -- if I use speech dispatcher 0.67
speechd-up connects and works fine, if I upgrade to 0.7.1 it refuses to
connect, even if I change the communication method to inet_socket.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this -- it looks like speechd-up just
calls spd_open, so do I need  to change speech dispatcher or what?

Any suggestions appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici