How recent are the arch talking installers?

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Tue Aug 9 13:43:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 06:18:02AM -0500, Chris Brannon wrote:
> Igor Gueths <igueths at lava-net.com> writes:
>
> > I'm actually looking into remastering the kernel that comes on that CD anyway,
> > since trying to use the stock kernel on a Latitude E6420 fails pretty nicely;
>
> Yeah, May of 2010 is the latest.
> I haven't tried building a new one in a while.  I'll see about making a
> new TalkingArch CD soon, because several people want it.

My idea for doing this was to unsquash the relevant filesystem that contains the
kernel, and run an make allmodconfig against the Linux-3.0 source tree with a
few exceptions i.e., include the Speakup core in the kernel and build the rest
as modules. The kernel will be pretty huge, but pretty usable by just about any
supported system out there; I just haven't found the time to do this however,
what with work and all.

--
Igor

believed to be clean.