questions about text-based e-mail

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Sep 22 19:48:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:44:13AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> Speakupconf only saves or loads from /etc/speakup if it is run
> as root, or ~/.speakup if it is run as a user.  enhancing it to allow a
> location to be specified might be possible.

OK, I didn't remember for sure if it was hard coded or if one could
pass a command line parm.  That change should be easy enough.  What I
would do is if no parameters are specified, then do the current
behavior but if a directory is specified, verify its presence and then
use the parms from there.  I would be glad to make the change if
people would like. Should I use the standard speakup git archive to
pull and patch against?