questions about text-based e-mail

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Wed Sep 22 03:06:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:26:44PM +0800, Kerry Hoath wrote:
> Call me simplistic but why can't you have an alias to load a
> specific set of configuration data when you launch mutt?

	Mostly because speakupconf doesn't appear to load specified
configuration files, as far as I can tell from the man page.

> It won't help you on other virtual consoles however having speakup
> track which console you are on and pull settings

	I don't worry, and can certainly live with that.  When I'm doing
mail, I'm usually not doing anything else, except maybe coppying a URL
or two to another console for later visiting.  I still have no
particular need to use Orca as yet.  It's still clunky, even on a 24G
quad-core system with 3Gs/sec SATA hard drives. <shrugs> Told those guys
months ago that you don't chase the dog with a pooper-scooper when
creating an accessibility standard in Linux and got drummed out of the
list.  I'll stay with NVDA and windows when I need a GUI.

Michael