What is .WITH. the Debian amd64 kernel and SpeakUP?

Christopher Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:02:39 EDT 2010

Gaijin <gaijin at clearwire.net> writes:

> compiled into the kernel, and running on a I7-930 Quad-Core CPU on a
> SuperMicro X8STE motherboard with 24G's of Kingston memory.  I use the
> Orca screen reader for the GUI.

Whoa!  Twenty-four gigs of RAM, four cores, and sixty-four bits?  I'm
green with envy.  I run a Celeron, 1 core, 2.5 GHz, with 512 MB of RAM.

> [    6.217153] speakup 3.1.3: initialized

That's nearly a year and a half old.  We can conclude that your troubles
have nothing to do with recent changes to Speakup.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

-- Chris