Installing arch linux on an Acer Aspire One?

Terry D. Cudney terry.cudney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 07:28:09 EDT 2010

Hi all,

   First attempt to install Arch Linux from a USB stick on an Acer Aspire One fails to talk on boot. it does boot, I had some eyes here last night to say that the login prompt was on screen, but didn't get to see if there was a dmesg indication of the audio device... I assume that this is the problem, that there is no driver for the audio device in the iso on the data stick.

   If anyone has used the Arch Linux installer  to install on an Acer Aspire One, I'd appreciate hearing how they went aboutit.

   TIA,

   --terry

--
Name:	Terry D. Cudney