arch linux and orca

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Sep 8 16:55:36 EDT 2010

With its package inventory, I don't know really how minimalistic it
actually is but the lack of hand-holding might make it seem
tminimalistic.  When Chuck Hallenbeck turned me on to Arch last
summer, he compared it somewhat to being like Slackware as I had come
from a long Slackware background.  The package management and
dependency tracking in ArchLinux is far better than Slackware
however.  And more packages are available.

I also have never seen an easier system for creating new packages of
your own either.