Voxin

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Sep 6 03:23:25 EDT 2010

I have no direct experience with voxin but by the sound of what you
have said here, it sounds like speech dispatcher did not load the
module for IBMTTS.  Look in your speech-dispatcher logs.  When it
comes to speech dispatcher and related problems, I always try and test
things out with the spd-say command to make sure speech dispatcher
talks with the various desired modules.  After that all checks out and
is found to be working right, then Orca should show more available
choices from the preferences speech page.  Gnome speech is a separate
engine from speech dispatcher.  That is still available on my Arch
system.

Your message confused me a bit when you said you got an error when you
installed voxin; I have no idea what its dependencies are but surely
that has to install cleanly before proceeding any further.