Fwd: Kumar Appaiah: Browsing with Elinks and using hooks

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Sep 2 00:06:01 EDT 2010

I keep hearing people mentioning edbrowse from time to time but
haven't gotten around to trying it yet.  How is it for table
navigation, for example? I frequent a site here where I look at bus
schedules.  A given route may have a dozen columns across with each
one representing a given intersection.  So I find the column for my
intersection and then I read down the cells in that column to find the
bus time I want.  I can do that quite handily with Orca and Firefox
can this be done with edbrowse? I know of no way to do this with any
other text browser like elinks, w3, w3m, or lynx.  I understand elinks
is limitted to seamonkey's abilities and if so, then edbrowse will be
no better than elinks when it comes to the many javascript style sites
I've been to and utterly failed with elinks.