speakup_setlocale concerns

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 18:44:12 EDT 2010

All,

I just looked this over and I have a couple of concerns about it.

The first is that the way it uses speakupconf save might be considered
broken, because, it doesn't allow me to specify which save directory I
want to use.  My suggestion for a solution to that would be to remove
the calls to speakupconf save from speakupconf_setlocale and just warn
the user that they need to use speakupconf save after running this
script.

Also, why not  make this part of speakupconf by adding another command
to it, like "speakupconf locale", which would check the LANG variable
and load the correct settings?  I think if we do that we can remove
speakup_setlocale entirely.

What do the rest of you think?

Thanks,

William