Install Debian from within another distro

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Oct 12 09:39:25 EDT 2010

Cleverson Casarin Uliana, le Tue 12 Oct 2010 10:27:08 -0300, a écrit :
> I guess there is no beep to indicate when to enter boot options, right?

Just like officiel Debian images, there is.

> How can I activate software speech?

It's selected by default on these images. The plan is to make it the
last item of the menu on official Debian images, thus easy to select.

> Is it possible to change voices/languages?

That'll be automatic according to your language/country selection.

> Apart from having speech, does it behave like any standard netinstall image?

Sure.

> Is there any special trick for speakup, or it will read all of the
> installer straight away?

It's just normal speakup.

> I suggest placing a README file at the same directory where the images
> are, explaining those accessibility related options.

Well, there's really not much to explain, as everything is automatic.

Samuel